A Retrospective Review of Afrocentricity Unleashed – 2012
Afrocentricity unleashed would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to all our followers, readers, friends, fans, retweeters, colleagues, commenters, critics and everyone who has connected with us at one point or the other in 2012.
The road to perfection is not without its “speed-breakers”, “sleeping policemen”, “potholes” and other kinds of inhibitions and inhibitors; but it also comes with its essential lessons which are learnt along this path.
Please keep your support coming since we simply CANNOT thrive without it. Our agenda, mission and vision statements have not changed i.e showing Africa, Africans, Afrocarribeans and people of African heritage in a good light, celebrating diversity in different endeavours of art, as well as being constructive critics of anything African veering off mark! We earnestly look forward to evolving more next year with newer and more exciting articles, reviews, interviews, blogs and news at your disposal.
Enjoy the slide show below showing a statistical analysis of our achievement in 2012
Many thanks to all and sundry, and do have a prosperous and productive 2013!
See you there 🙂
On behalf of Afrocentricity Unleashed.
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
600 people reached the top of Mt. Everest in 2012. This blog got about 3,600 views in 2012. If every person who reached the top of Mt. Everest viewed this blog, it would have taken 6 years to get that many views.
Click here to see the complete report.
BEFFTA 2012: Celebrating and Rewarding Black Entertainment
The 4th annual Black Entertainment Film Fashion Television and Art(BEFFTA) 2012 is just around the corner again!
This annual prestigious award, which is the brain child of Pauline Long, recognizes outstanding performance in the Black Entertainment, Film, Fashion, Television and Arts industry.Afrocentricity Unleashed (yours sincerely) will be at this event as a guest, and (wait for this) NOMINEE 🙂. Online voting kicks off at 7pm today, the 7th of October 2012, and closes on the 21st of October, 2012.
Please find the different categories, as well as a list of nominees below.
- 1. Best Female Act: Mz Bratt, Nike Jemiyo, Cleo Sol,Cherri Voncelle,Hayle Cassidy, Lady Leshurr, Kyra, Princess Nyah, Yolanda Brown, Misha B, Lilas Lafleur, Kookie, NY, Emily Kay, Shiikane, Lea- Anna, Oneness Sankara
- 2. Best Male Act: Angel, IKES, Smiler, Wiley, G Range,Clement Marfo, Jermaine Riley, J Sol, Donaeo, Valentine, Dele, Infecta, Scorcher, Fuse ODG, John Hectic, Micall Parknsun, Pane and Yardz, Alim Kamara
- 3. Best Gospel Act: Guvna B, Faith D, Divine Divine, V9 Collective, New Rivers Choir, Muyiwa and Riversongz, Andrew Bello, Meleke, Grace Galaxy, London Community Gospel Choir, Dolly P , Divine Impact, Lyrical Soldier
- 4. Best International Act: Zahara, Camp Mulla, Cover Drive, Dbanj, Grace Galaxy, Ruff Kid
- 5. Best UK AfroBeats Act: Fuse ODG, Mista Silva, May7ven, Kida Kudz, Musik Maestro, Shay, 2kriss, Shiikane, Tipsy, Mo Eazy, Vibes Squad, Ezi Emela
- 6. Best UK Caribbean Act: Carol Thompson, Roger Robin, Sandra Cross, Maxi Priest, Lloyd Brown
- 7. Best International Afrobeats Act: WizKid, DBanj, Wande Coal, Zahara, Iyanya, Chameleon, Ice Prince, Fally Ipupa, Sarkodie, Nameless, Nonini, Juliana Kanyomozi, Itz Tiffany
- 8. Best International Caribbean Act: Movado, Vybz Kartel, Gyptian, Damain Marley, Sean Paul, Munga Tun Up, Konshens, Aidonia, Popcaan
- 9. Best Producer: Mr J, Ayo Beatz, Perry Mystique, Victizzle, Rymez, J Weathers, Don Jazzy
- 10. Best Video Director: P Designs, Sesan, Moe Musa, Elmino, Trail Pictures, AJE Filmworks, Antoine Dixon-Bellot Colin Tiley, Dego Visionz, Uvi Orogun, Akpe Ododoru, Duminas Alliance
- 1. Best Dance Act: Boy Blue, CEO Dancers,High Rollaz,D3 Dancers, Project G, Akai, Dan-Kira, Cerebro
- 2. Best Dance Choreographer: Ricardo Gomez, Kenrick Sandy, Ashley Banjo, Tony Adigun, Turbo
- 1. Best Comedian: Eddie Kadi, Babatunde, Funmbi, Ola the comedian, A Dot Comedian, Geoff Shumann, Don’t Jealous Me, Prince Abdi
- 1. Station of the year: Rainbow Radio, The soul of London Radio, Voice of Africa radio, Zimnet radio, Guess Radio, Bang Radio, Colourful Radio, Premier Gospel, Zimpower FM, Playvybz Radio, Zimonline Radio, East Africa Radio Online, Inspiration FM
- 2. Radio personality of the year: Yinka Awojobi, Kojo, Ace and Vis, Dave P, Jade Avia, Nage, Kweku Frimpong, Dotun Adebayo, Geoff Shumann, Wayne Boucaud, Benita White, Julie Ann Ryan, Space Clottey
- 1. Best Community Newspaper: The Voice, The Vision, GLA News, Afro News, Trumpet, Phoenix,
- 2. Magazine of the year: Black Hair, New African Woman, Black Beauty and Hair, Dive Scribe, Rewind, Ovation, Fab Magazine, OK Nigeria, ,Ninetynine Magazine, Arise Magazine, Pride, Afro Pulp, Tropics, Zen
- 3. Journalist of the year: Charlene White, Lukwesa Burak, Janelle Oswald, Mimi Fawz, Lorna Cooper, Henry Bonsu, Regina Jere-Malanda, Belinda Otas, Shoggy Tosh
- 4. Blog of the year: Nissi Knows, Shadders, Notjustok.com, Bella Naija, Funmi Ogunja, Black Grape, Jennie Jenkins, Berry, Haut, Lolo’s Kloset, Jestina-George.com, Africa fashion guide, afrocentricityunleashed.com, The peoples Hub, Eighteen Forever, We Plug Good Music, Nollywood Uncut
- 1. Best Events Promoter: Smade, Cokobar.com, West Coast, Bashment Vibez, Play Entertainment, USH(UK Unsigned Hype), Deroots Promotions, Theodore Ibekwe PR, CRU NETWORK, FOCUS organization, Femtej Kreations media, Disk&Jockey entertainment, Cams promotions
- 1. DJ of the year: Dj Neptizzle, DJ Unbeatable, Dj Fabuloz, DJ Shola Bee, DJ Xclusive, DJ Cameo, Dj Cee Cee, DJ French Kiss, DJ Lady G2, Dj Dubwise, Dj Longers, Dj Melody, Dj Eve Parkes
- 1. Best Photographer: Akwasi Photography, Sixoone Media(David Mbiyu), Trevor Griffiths(iDelick Media), Cassandra M Photography, EJS Photography, Dami Oyetade, (Idezign), Squiz Hamilton, Stuart Dayley, Fire Shonu Photography, Sync Photography, Creative Piece, Adeyinka Adepitan, Vivida, Akpe Ododoru
- 1. Best Male Fashion Designer: Adebayo Jones, Visual Artistic Designer, James Brendan, Keve, Kgtkkt Couture, Zakaryas Solomon, Kitoko, Obiora Ichiebuka, Yusuf Abubakar
- 2. Best Female Fashion Designer: Bukki Ojo, Bestow Elan, Light of Marie, Fabryan, Rouge, Eki Orleans, Anita Quansah, Korlekie, Adopted Culture, Dionne Gooding, Bubbushiiky, Tina Lobondi, Janet Opoku, Linda Mirembe, House of Adjeiwaa, AGR Clothing, Dephne Madyara, Johanna Jasmine Maddix
- 1. Best Hair Stylist: Edmund Bossman, Junior Green, Eugene Davis, Charlotte Mensah, Donnie Smith, Sandra Webb, Verona White, Adeola Olase, Charlene Cumberbatch, Leon Jade, Joel D, Edee Beau, Ether
- 2. Best Wardrobe Stylist: Samson Soboye, Joel Dash, Tanesha Westcarr, Erica Matthews, Viennty Styling, Natasha Clarke, Crystal Deroche, Yemisi Adedipe, Sandra Aji, Samantha Watson , Jason Boateng, Abigail Ayoola
- 1. Best Make-up Artist: Sophia Taylor, Sheeba Raye, Imelda Ladebo, Sophia Taylor, Kristy Prince, Saamia Khan, Joy Adenuga, Barbara Mensah, Dimple Patel, Ganga Bahambra, Edee Beau, CSG Make-up and beauty
- 1. Best Fashion Choreographer: Reuben Joseph, Anouska Lewis, Yvonne Simon, Kwame Knight
- 1. Best male model: Martins Igbinedion, Dudley O’Shaughnessy, Hassan Resse, Guetan, Jeremy Boateng, Salisu Abdullai, Charles Rare, Duke Dadzie, Zebulun Delisser, Prince Nkay, Dwain Stephens, Hassan Reese
- 2. Best female model: Symara Templeman, Juanita Francis, Sherene McNicholl, April Alexander, Nana Afua Antwi, Edith Uba, Lydia Harris, Samira Hashi, Rukundo Tusubira, Rosemary Chileshe, Lisette Mibo, Cynthia Chisom,
- 3. Best Modelling Agency: LV Casting Agency, Minc Model Management, Mahogany Model Management, Stomp Model Management, D1 Model Management, Oxygen Model Management, Demus Castings
- 1. Best Beauty Pageant: Miss West Africa UK, Miss Ghana UK, Miss Zim Diamond,, Miss Uganda UK, Miss Jamaica UK, Miss Flavour UK, Miss Black Africa, Miss Congo UK, Queen of Zambia UK, Miss Nubian Pageant
- 2. Best Beauty Queen: Miss Congo UK 2012, Ruvimbo Chinzou, Fatoumata Touray, Ann Marie M’Sichili, Victoria Okafor
- 3. Best Former Beauty Queen: Shirley Dee,Vicky Ngari, Nicola Sackey, Maria Namiro, Ruvimbo Chinzou, Denise Hanson, Misha Terrett, Victoria Mtonga,
- 4. Best Beauty Pageant Director: June Daley, Mavis Osei, Dennis Tawiah, Jacqueline Wabara, Bridgette Chalu, Glorianne Francis, Dele Onabowu , Justina Mutale, Jacqueline Matovu
- 1. Best director: Richard Ayoade, Noel Clarke, Patrick Campbell, Obi Emelonye, Christian Asaiku, Tawanda Chimuzinga, Samuell Benta, Lanre Balogun
- 2. Best Actor: Wil Johnson, Anthony Manjaro, James Bryhan, Wale Ojo, David Ajala, Ken Smart
- 3. Best Actresses: Fatima Jabe, Omotola Jalade, Queen Allen, Sherrie Silver , Lorraine Fox, Anita Bellamy, Uru Eke
- 4. Best Film: Last Flight to Abuja, Amina, To The End Of The Road, Moral Conflict, Amina, Shattered Hearts
- 5. Best screenwriter/Scriptwriter : Obi Emelonye, Maxine Chantel, Bola Agbaje Ann Akin, Debra Odutuyo, Samuell Benta, Babi Isako, Tolulope Yesufu
- 6. Best theatre production Meet The Adebanjos, Belong by Bola Agbaje, I stand corrected by Mojisola Adebayo
- 1. Best Actress: Tameka Empson, Dianne Parish, Michelle Asante, Kehinde Fadipe, Chizzy Akudolu, Freema Agyemam, Letitia Hector, Faridah Rimmer, Moji Bamfeta
- 2. Best Actor: Chucky Venn, Ashley Walters, Jimmy Akingbola, Nonso Anozie, Aml Ameen, Wale Ojo, Hugh Quarshie, David Ajala, Samuell Benta
- 3. Best TV Station: BEN TV, VOX Africa, Africa Channel, Hi TV, OH TV
- 4. Best TV Show: Shoot The Messenger, The Hi Life, AfroBuzz,The Sporah Show, The Magazine Show, Meet The Adebanjos, New Generation Show, BBS(BEN TV)
- 5. Best TV personality: Nana AFua Antwi, Alesha Dixon, Lukwesa Burak, Femi Amusan, James Sherwood, Sporah Njau, Leah Charles
- 6. Best presenter: Fernand Frimpong Jnr, Nana Afua Antwi, Sporah Jau, Leah Charles, Reggie Yates, Adesope Olajide, Sugapuff, Remel London, Natalie Brown
- 7. Best Webseries: Breach, Venus Vs Mars, All About The McKenzies, Before The Big Time,
- 8. Best online TV: Factory 78, UPshot TV, SBTV, Time With Natalie, Gidiculture TV
1. Best Spoken Word Artist/Poets – Oneness Sankara, Alim Kamara, Dan Bosi, Chaleboy The Poet, Dean Atta
2. Best Art Director – Trendy Couture, Kwame Knight, Akpe Ododoru, Ola Shobowale
We will be providing you with a full disclosure of how the night pans out without excluding any details.
Keep it locked on AFROCENTRICITY UNLEASHED!!!
You must be logged in to post a comment.